Marketing has always been a winning case for those who can attach themselves to the customers or audience with their stories behind the brand, the products, or the services they provide. The more interesting the story is, the more customers connect to the message behind the product. It is just that in traditional marketing, it was done through Tv ads, radios, flyers etc. an expensive and time taking method. Now, it’s done through online platforms like social media, emails, blogging, websites, online ads etc., pocket friendly and immediately effective marketing.
Now that you know the primary difference, let’s dive into it a little more.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is famed as internet or online marketing. This marketing takes the help of electronic devices to send and promote messages and calculate their impacts. Digital marketing is done through electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops to name a few. Hence, it has many incarnations in the form of videos, advertisements, they also take form in social media posts.
You may be scratching your head as to why digital marketing if options are abundant?
You will be surprised to know that in Malaysia 46% of youth are tech-savvy. And the global pandemic has accelerated the growth of e-commerce. Digital marketing Malaysia is touching its peak. Why are you left behind? Make yourself all set in the world of digital marketing by diving yourself into the knowledge of it.
Categories of digital marketing
Digital marketing has majorly seven incarnations and they all are equally responsible for its growth.
Let’s read about them briefly.
- Search engine optimization: The major role of SEO is to make one’s business top in the google search engine results (SERP) by accelerating the search engine crowd on the business’s website. To secure this position the SEO marketers research the words and lines which are primarily being searched by the users.
- Pay per click advertising: It is like a kidnapper saying “the longer you give money the longer he is alive”. This advertising is paid and short tenure of digital marketing. It means when you stop the payment your ad will no longer be in the limelight. Pay per click refers to the advertisements you watch on the top of your screen.
- Social media marketing: Social media is a god to all businesses. With the abundance of people in contact with social media, the posts, articles, blogs you create must be creative and authentic which will help the audience to connect with you and assists you in a rapport-building that will immediately elevate your business.
- Content marketing: It uses the path of writing interesting stories that share information creatively. Content marketing aims to build a strong bond with the customers and listen to their grievances and sort them out.
- Email marketing: In the emerging world of social media, applications, and other stuff, email has still retained its superpower as it gives value to the audiences and transforms them into customers.
- Affiliate marketing: It is like a part-time job. Affiliate marketing is done with the help of bloggers who promote their products and influence the audience which results in gaining customers. It has become a trend of marketing.
- Search engine marketing: This kind of marketing increases the website’s reach and visibility on the search result pages. It takes the help of keywords and geographical location. The great power which SEM possesses is it offers the advertisers the option to put their ads ahead of the targeted audience who are ready to buy at the instant.
A question popped up in your mind, what is a digital marketing strategy? It is an idea or concept to increase your brand awareness. Lately, digital marketing has emerged as a basic need of businesses. Do you also want to boost your business but don’t have a clue what to do? Then, you must opt for the strategies of digital marketing to elevate your medium of livelihood.
- Splash out on web designs: The focal point of the customers is your website’s appearance. You do not have to think of web design as a strategy of marketing, but it is one of the most important elements in increasing the audience. Make your website captivating and see how much the audience is crushing on your site.
- Associate programs: In this strategy the people who trust you can share the information of your brand and increase awareness in the masses. It will help in growing the customers.
- Hire a coach: No one in the world is successful without a teacher, every little thing needs guidance. It would be great if you appoint a geek of digital marketing as your trainer who will lead you to the path of progress. In Malaysia, you can surely reach out to a team of digital marketing experts.
- Opt-in email list: This list enables the customers to sign in to your site and receive emails regarding the products or services. It helps you to build a bond with potential customers and current audiences.
- Make your way to articles and news stories: This will lead you to the path of being famous. You must share the topics related to your business and what are the pros. It will accelerate your range of audiences.
- Write online press releases: Yes, as it will set your information out in a formal way. This makes the media writers, newspapers, bloggers write for you without your persuasion.
- Hold contests and giveaways: Who does not love contests? Everyone enjoys it. You can encourage your business by giving a shoutout and free products or services to your customers. After this, just wait and watch your increasing audience connectivity.
- Maintain a blog: Content is the king. It is the most creative form of marketing. Maintain blogs of your business stuff. It will provide a helping hand in your promotion and surge up the connectivity.
- Referral marketing: Isn’t it cool your customer is promoting your brand? This is what referral marketing does. You should provide your customer with a freebie or discount on referring to your product. This will encourage them to refer more and you will gain an audience more.
- Webinar production: As the world is moving into virtual mode. You should also try the virtual way of marketing. The webinar will create a way to communicate live with your potential customers and it will assist them in clearing their doubts by raising questions. You can also put the recorded session of your webinar so that one who wants to see it again can do it easily. This method is going to do the magic of increasing the customers in a blink of an eye.