Corporate Branding is an action or a strategy of making use of the company’s brand title in all the endeavours of advertising along with the overall communication to the shareholders. It is a kind of ethereal frame of mind and potential of the company that makes its stand in the crowd and famed in between the customers. This concept is like an iceberg that you need to know in-depth not only from the upper side.
Let’s deep dive into the river of marketing and read about the iceberg named Corporate Branding.
Advantages of Corporate Branding:
- It makes you stand strong while selling the products and services in the market amongst the plethora of other marketing brands. It leads you to the top position as the potential customers are aware of the company owing to the ardent corporate identity and brand name.
- It smoothes the path for new product launches and it is warmly welcomed in the market because of the strengthened market legacy constructed with the older or existing line of the products and services earlier proposed by the company.
- It assists the company to tap and venture into new markets and fresh locations on the international and domestic as reputation have already been built by the corporate institution by the efforts of corporate branding.
- There is an emotional attachment and connection with the already subsisting and potential customers as it raises a feeling of loyalty and brand devotion in their hearts and mind.
- Corporate branding paves a way of trust of the customers towards the company. The trust builds due to the products and services offered by the company. And this trust makes you do the promotional efforts and marketing with much ease.
- There is an elevated level of awareness about the company and its offers and the customers also recognize the logo, mascots, color patterns, taglines, and other elements of the brand. It makes a place in the customer’s subconscious mind.
The structure of corporate branding:
As it is previously mentioned, the aspects of corporate branding are quite contrasting from the product branding. As the latter’s focal point is on the sellings and profit generation for the company whereas the former one illuminates the market and the target customers about the brand, its values, rule of law, unique way of selling, the aim and reason to be in the industry, and very vital how it is unique and more beneficial for you from the other enduring brands in the market.
- It kicks off with the management and the prime staff members standing together and having a clear view of the brand, its nature, core ethics, business philosophies, long-term goals, short-term goals along with the market to encourage the brand and the products and services offered.
- The succeeding step is to decide on how to strengthen the brand’s position in the market. And enter into a little psychological path to make the customers understand the distinguished categories of the products. For instance, if ABC is a product then it is a product in which category? Is it luxury, mid-segment, or affordable? After that, the brand’s positioning is distinct.
- The next and crucial steps are the mission and vision statements of the brand that holds a vital place in the framework of Corporate Branding.
- Next comes in the line is creativity such as the logo, construction of mascots, color shades, and the templates of design.
- Most of the companies also keep a brand ambassador to promote their brand. As it creates a level of awareness in the mind of the customers if their favorite personality is advertising the product. It could be a famed actor/actress, sportsperson, celebrity from any sector.
The above-mentioned points are at their place, do not wait for the perfect moment to execute the corporate branding, start working on the strategies by sponsoring and ensuring active participation in the various events on the corporate level that make you stand in the market and pave a path of recognition in the targeted audience.
Some examples of corporate branding:
- Apple: This brand is famed for its electronic gadgets ranging from mobile phones, tablets, televisions, computer systems, headphones, and many more. It is not only the king in the USA but has made its impact all across the globe. It is famous for its quality, class, and technology. Its logo is quite captivating and the luxurious elements along with the solid color shades leave a classy footprint in the heart and mind of the audience. Its product can be recognized from the far sight also due to the strong steps taken by the company to construct the corporate branding.
- Nike: Imagine your friend popped up with a thought of buying sneakers and your immediate response would be Nike! Yes! It happens due to corporate branding. This famed sports brand has skyrocketed in the market. Its mission statement states that “to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world”. The co-founder of Nike once said that ” if you have a body, you are an athlete”. It is quite motivational and gives a sense of understanding that it is not only limited to the sportspersons but it is for every individual who is zealous enough for fitness. Its logo consists of a single right tick with the tagline “just do it”. It is pretty sporty and raises a level of excitement. The company has buckled down and made a strong corporate surface by organizing sports events and sponsoring them.
- Coca-cola: There is hardly a single person on the earth who is not aware that sodas are injurious to health. But coca-cola, a beverage that contains soda, is loved by the majority of the people across the globe. Its slogan is quite catchy which says, “taste the feeling” which is focusing on the fact that it refreshes your mind and offers you the feeling of vigor and vitality. This company walked the extra mile to create a strengthened corporate branding as it delivers affordable services with quality on the top.